Saturday essentials are up on my post on Instagram: @beautybyryulala
Kept it pretty light and dewy with my fave MAC Face & Body foundation, set it with some translucent powder, then added some lashes and lip color for a completed look. I went to a friend’s daughter’s 1st birthday party in LA and wanted to keep the look simple since we were expecting a very hot day in LA. Here are the details.
I hope you all have a great, cool weekend. It’s going to be a hot one in SoCal!
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
- MAC Face & Body Foundation in C4
- ABH Brow Definer in Medium Brown
- Julep Maven Length Matters mascara in Jet Black
- Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 20 Sand Sable
Hi beauties, hope you all had a productive Monday today!
I’m sharing my simple and light makeup look today on my Instagram: @beautybyryulala
I used my oldie but goodie and my favorite CC cushion compacts by Amore Pacific, filled in my brows, applied mascara, and added a pop of bright lip color using a moisturizing lip tinted crayon.
Had a really busy day and glad the first day of the week is over. Cheers to a great week!
Happy Monday beauties! I hope you all had a well rested weekend and a busy Monday today! I woke up to cold weather and rain today, but soaking up the cold before we dive right into the Summer weather which we’re probably expecting the remainder of the week in So Cal. Today definitely went by fast thanks to the DLS yesterday lol
Here are my essentials for today. Went for a basic look today (what else is new): tinted moisturizer, concealer, eyebrows, some highlighter, concealer, bronzer, and some blusher. I love keeping it simple with my makeup! I know, sometimes it can be more boring for some people, but I honestly don’t mind my makeup being clean and simple. I did attend a special event on Saturday and had a full face of makeup on so I try to keep it nice and light during the week if I can. It’s all about how you take care of your skin and balance is key. If I end up wearing more full coverage makeup during the week, I try to “up” my skincare game so I can give it some more TLC on makeup off-days.
Cheers to a great week dolls!
- MAC MSF in Dark Golden
- NARS Yachiyo brush 27
- Maybelline Fit Me concealer in Sand 20
- Julep Don’t Leave Your Brows At Home in Warm Brown
- MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter in Bright Forecast
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Waterproof mascara in Black Noir
Happy Hump Day lovelies!
I’m trying out some new products I got from Julep this week. I am trying out two new moisturizing products. The first is the Julep It’s Balm which is a moisturizing lip crayon that has color around the outside and a moisturizing treatment core inside. The second is the No Limits Luxe Hydrating Crème which is a deep hydrating crème that nourishes and treats dry skin with a push-button cap that you dispenses out the crème. It’s convenient and sanitary so you don’t need to worry about digging product out with your fingers! I was attracted by the rose hip oil, malvaceae lipid extract, and green coffee bean oil ingredients in this product. Look out for a review coming up in a few weeks!
Have a great rest of the day!
- Julep It’s Balm in Ripe Raspberry
- Julep No Limits Luxe Hydrating Crème
Hello beauties! I’ve gathered together some of my faves from January! I still can’t believe how fast the first month of 2016 has flown by. Hope you’re having a great start to February, the month of love ❤️.
- Marc Jacobs Invisible Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Primer – I’ve been using this on the daily before foundation application and I have been loving it. It is super milky but lightweight and easy to work into the skin, giving it the extra moisture it needs since I’ve been feeling really dry. I also like how my face doesn’t feel like it has a heavy layer underneath the foundation. So far, I have been really enjoying this product!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Medium Brown – This product is still a little new but I love it so much I had to include it in the January list of favorites. It has been my favorite brow product so far and I feel bad I haven’t picked up my brow wiz but I love how convenient this product has been for me and such a time saver to be specific. The shape of the brow definer has helped me fill in my brows in record time lol. I was worried about the shape wearing off into a just a ball, but it has held up pretty well which I’m really pleased about. I went with a slightly darker shade in the brow definer and got medium brown instead of my usual soft brown. I am loving how soft it still is and not too overwhelmingly dark of a color. Obsessed with this product!
- Julep Gel Eye Glider in Rich Brown – I have been a long time lover of gel pencils and brown eyeliners. My sister turned me onto the Julep brand a few years ago, first with their nail polish and then their eye pencils. I have been using this eye pencil especially when I’m on the go and it just helps me save time when doing my makeup. It glides on so nicely and I seriously can do this application in one swipe! I love the pigmentation of this product, how it’s super creamy, super long lasting, and it doesn’t smear or rub off like some drugstore products do. A special thank you to my twinny who always let’s me piggy back on her re-orders!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in That Glow – This product is semi-new since I picked it up from the IMATS show in LA this past month, but I have been using it daily and am in love. I started off with this palette and I’m sure the other Gleam glow kit will be in my February faves, but I wanted to start off with one kit first. I am already a huge fan of ABH products (as you can tell) and I love how versatile the products are. I use this glow kit to highlight my face, inner corner of my eyes, use as eyeshadow and bronzer. I love how big each pan is in the palette since this kit isn’t really cheap. I feel like you get a good amount and also the formula is pretty nice, velvety and smooth. It makes it so easy to just use your fingers if you needed to pop on some highlight without a brush!
- Tarte Cosmetics Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette – I know I’ve been raving about this palette on my social media, but I really do love this palette and I have literally been using this on my eyes, everyday. The colors of the matte eyeshadows are my favorite nudes and I can easily use these shades for day and night. I have turned my eye-looks from day to night using this one palette and that’s why I love it so much.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills brush in A23 – I picked up this brush along with my new glow kits from IMATS LA as well and I only use this brush to highlight! I love that it is tapered a bit which helps hold enough product on the brush and makes the application easier. I have experienced some cheap fan brushes that take me several “swipes” to get my satisfied highlight look. Another time-saver product for me which gets a two thumbs up!
I hope you beauties enjoyed my review of my January faves and look forward to next month’s! Have a wonderful rest of the week!