Hi friends! Hope you’re having a great Thursday and excited for Friday tomorrow!
For today’s makeup look, I decided to use a cream contour and a powder contour. Nothing too dramatic though. Just enough to get good definition in my face and the powder always helps with creating more definition after the blending as well as setting the areas where I applied the cream product.
I wanted to share some tips on how to effectively contour using cream products. Whether you want to use your fingers or a brush to apply the product, the key to using any cream product is BLENDING. You can use your fingers to pat and blend in the product, or a good synthetic brush and even a beauty sponge. I personally like to use brushes and a beauty blender. For this particular cream product, the L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD concealer is fast-drying, but I like to apply it on all the contour/highlight areas of my face all at once and then blend each area instead of applying the product in the contour/highlight area, blending, and then repeating the steps for the rest of my face. So because this product is fast-drying and the way I like to apply it can cause it to dry even faster, I spritz a makeup setting spray over the areas before I blend. You can also spritz your brush or beauty sponge with the setting spray as well. They both help with blending out the product smoothly. Thank God. Otherwise, you’d definitely be having sore arms!
After the blending is complete, I go back in and re-define the contour/highlight areas with the ABH Contour Kit, blending the powders again and setting the areas where I applied the cream product. I use a powder/blending brush and duo fiber brushes to apply the powders. I know this may sound a like a full coverage, full face of makeup, but it really all depends on how much you apply the product on your face. Of course you can always build and blend to achieve the full-coverage makeup look, but you can easily achieve the natural makeup look by just lightly applying the product.
I’ll be snap chatting my look from today so let me know what you think! Snapchat: @ryulala
- MAC Fix+
- L.A. Girl PRO Conceal HD concealers in Creamy Beige and Toast
- Tarte Double-ended eyeshadow brush
- NARS Yachiyo Kabuki brush
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
Happy weekend beauties!
Sharing my makeup essentials for Saturday! Details posted on my Instagram: @beautybyryulala
Rainy and gloomy day in LA and OC today. Hope you’re all staying dry and enjoy your Saturday!
Happy Friday beauties! The rain has come down in SoCal today and we definitely need it so I’m happy we get to experience some cold weather. I hope you all are having a great day so far and looking forward to the weekend!
Here are some of the details on my makeup look today. I went with the mood of the weather today so I kept it light with a nude lip. For face, I used the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and I’m finally trying out the white beauty blender today. I thought I’d change it up and use a new one. Do you all see a difference in the different beauty blender sponges? I’m honestly not sure if I do. lol If anything, I feel like the white one would stain a little more than the others since it’s white. I’ll find out after I wash this one this week. Let me know what your thoughts are if you have used the different kinds! I used the BB with my favorite drugstore concealer which is what I use pretty much on the daily. I also used the LCL mascara by Tarte which I have been loving, not to mention this mascara packaging is gorgeous. Blusher by Benefit Dandelion and MAC MSF bronzer to add some color to my face, spritzed the UD setting spray to keep it dewy and voilà. Today’s makeup look id done! Side note, I did go sans-eye shadow today just to keep it light. I just concealed the eyelids to even out the tone and lightly powdered to set it.
Enjoy the rest of your day and have a Fab Friday!
- BeautyBlender in Pure Blender
- Maybelline Fit Me concealer in Sand #20
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi
- Tarte mascara in Lights, Camera, Lashes
Hi beauties! I had such a crazy, busy week so I’m so happy to be enjoying the weekend. I’m excited to celebrate my friend’s birthday with some good food and drinks. Today’s weather is super gloomy and we’re expecting rain Sunday. Lord knows we need it though!
I kept my makeup dewy, fresh, and contoured.. As always lol Have a fabulous weekend beautés!
Makeup details below👇🏼
- MAC Face & Body foundation in C4
- NARS creamy radiant concealer in Custard
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Medium Brown + Brow Wiz in Soft Brown
- TARTE Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette eye shadows
- MAC pro long wear concealer in Nc25
- Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Translucent
- Julep eye liner in Brown
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Original Mascara in black 305
- Ardell lashes in Demi Wispies black
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
- Benefit blusher in Dandelion
- MAC lipliner in Soar + lipstick in Faux
Hope you all had a great Monday today!
weekend makeup details:
• Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in 6
• NARS Creamy Radiant Concealer in Custard and blusher in Orgasm
• Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette
• Inglot AMC Eyeliner gel 77
• House of Lashes in Pixie Luxe
• Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Brown, Contour Palette, & That Glow palette
• Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
• Stila Eternally Yours Liquid Lipstick in Aria
Hello beauties! I’ve gathered together some of my faves from January! I still can’t believe how fast the first month of 2016 has flown by. Hope you’re having a great start to February, the month of love ❤️.
- Marc Jacobs Invisible Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Primer – I’ve been using this on the daily before foundation application and I have been loving it. It is super milky but lightweight and easy to work into the skin, giving it the extra moisture it needs since I’ve been feeling really dry. I also like how my face doesn’t feel like it has a heavy layer underneath the foundation. So far, I have been really enjoying this product!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Medium Brown – This product is still a little new but I love it so much I had to include it in the January list of favorites. It has been my favorite brow product so far and I feel bad I haven’t picked up my brow wiz but I love how convenient this product has been for me and such a time saver to be specific. The shape of the brow definer has helped me fill in my brows in record time lol. I was worried about the shape wearing off into a just a ball, but it has held up pretty well which I’m really pleased about. I went with a slightly darker shade in the brow definer and got medium brown instead of my usual soft brown. I am loving how soft it still is and not too overwhelmingly dark of a color. Obsessed with this product!
- Julep Gel Eye Glider in Rich Brown – I have been a long time lover of gel pencils and brown eyeliners. My sister turned me onto the Julep brand a few years ago, first with their nail polish and then their eye pencils. I have been using this eye pencil especially when I’m on the go and it just helps me save time when doing my makeup. It glides on so nicely and I seriously can do this application in one swipe! I love the pigmentation of this product, how it’s super creamy, super long lasting, and it doesn’t smear or rub off like some drugstore products do. A special thank you to my twinny who always let’s me piggy back on her re-orders!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in That Glow – This product is semi-new since I picked it up from the IMATS show in LA this past month, but I have been using it daily and am in love. I started off with this palette and I’m sure the other Gleam glow kit will be in my February faves, but I wanted to start off with one kit first. I am already a huge fan of ABH products (as you can tell) and I love how versatile the products are. I use this glow kit to highlight my face, inner corner of my eyes, use as eyeshadow and bronzer. I love how big each pan is in the palette since this kit isn’t really cheap. I feel like you get a good amount and also the formula is pretty nice, velvety and smooth. It makes it so easy to just use your fingers if you needed to pop on some highlight without a brush!
- Tarte Cosmetics Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette – I know I’ve been raving about this palette on my social media, but I really do love this palette and I have literally been using this on my eyes, everyday. The colors of the matte eyeshadows are my favorite nudes and I can easily use these shades for day and night. I have turned my eye-looks from day to night using this one palette and that’s why I love it so much.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills brush in A23 – I picked up this brush along with my new glow kits from IMATS LA as well and I only use this brush to highlight! I love that it is tapered a bit which helps hold enough product on the brush and makes the application easier. I have experienced some cheap fan brushes that take me several “swipes” to get my satisfied highlight look. Another time-saver product for me which gets a two thumbs up!
I hope you beauties enjoyed my review of my January faves and look forward to next month’s! Have a wonderful rest of the week!
My latest eyeshadow palette obsession have been the Tarte cosmetics Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow palette and the Tartelette In Bloom Clay Eyeshadow palette. I have been using the ACME palette everyday and just started to use the IBCE palette this week. These are definitely my favorite matte shades that I can wear daily and I love that I can easily turn day makeup looks to nighttime looks. I always talk about this in my posts about eyeshadow shades, but it’s so true. If I see the right amount of shade diversity in a palette, it’ll win me over because I’m all about efficiency and convenience when doing makeup lol. 😉 Don’t judge. But really, these shades are not only perfection but they are long wearing shadows and easy to blend, which are also what I look for in eyeshadows. I’m obsessed with nudes and that’s probably what first caught my glance on the ACME palette. Now, for the difference between the two palettes; the shades in the IBCE have slightly different shades: 9 matte shadows and 3 luster (shimmer) shadows (they added shimmer on to “funny girl”, “rocker”, and “firecracker”). Aside from the 3 shimmer shades, both palettes have the exactly same shadow names but the IBCE shades have more tans where as the ACME have no shimmer shadows and include more mauve and plum shades. I love that these two palettes can easily turn your daytime to a sexy and romantic nighttime look, not to say you can’t wear a sexy romantic eye look during the day! Now, I did contemplate whether to pick up the IBCE palette since I already had the ACME palette, but what can I say… the huge difference in shades sold me?! They’re both nude palettes to me, but two different beautiful nude palettes! I wish they could combine all these onto one lovely palette! 😁 Haha Enjoy the rest of your week beauties!
Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow palette shadows: Free Spirit (cream), Force Of Nature (nude), Dreamer (warm brown), Multi-Tasker (chocolate), Caregiver (pale pink), Natural Beauty (mauve), Best Friend (mulberry), Bombshell (dark plum), Super Mom (ivory), Wanderer (light brown), Power Player (taupe), Fashionista (black)
Tartelette In Bloom Clay Eyeshadow palette shadows: Charmer (off white), Jetsetter (warm taupe), Rocker (shimmering taupe), Smokeshow (black brown), Flower Child (peachy nude), Smarty Pants (tan), Firecracker (bronze copper), Activist (dark brown), Funny Girl (champagne), Sweetheart (peach), Rebel (chestnut brown), Leader (aubergine)
Another successful IMATS show for the books! Happy I got to restock products for my kit as well as find some new goodies to try out! I’ll be sharing details on my blog this week so look out for it on http://www.ryulala.com 😍Have a great night beauties!