Happy hump day beauties!
Having a full day of meetings and going to a dinner right after so I went with a medium coverage makeup look to keep my skin still lightweight, using MAC Face and Body foundation. I used neutral eyeshadow shades using the TooFaced Chocolate Bar palette and my daily blusher by Benefit. I’m obsessed with Anastasia Beverly Hills products of course and excited to be using more highlighters for the upcoming warm seasons. I’m in love with the That Glow glow kit!
Go to my Instagram post: @beautybyryulala for more details of the products I used for today’s #MOTD!
For today’s eye makeup look, I’m using one of my favorite Too Faced palettes with my go-to eyeshadow primer by MAC cosmetics.
Check out my Instagram post today to see the product details for today’s eye makeup look! @beautybyryulala
♦ PRO Tip: Choose a good, lasting eyeshadow primer that helps cancels out discoloration and neutralizes the lid to prepare for eyeshadow application. Don’t forget to set the lid with a translucent powder or skin tone eyeshadow to ensure no creasing!
Hi friends! Here are today’s essentials.
I’ve been using my MAC Face and Body pretty regularly so I decided to switch to my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer today. The rest are the usual suspects: bronzer, mascara, and a gel eyeliner. Also can’t forget today’s fashion read, this month’s issue of Vogue magazine with Adele slaying on the cover.
Hope you all had a wonderful Tuesday!
- Too Faced bronzer in Chocolate Soleil
- MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
- MAC brush #266
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Waterproof Mascara in Black Noir
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Sand
- March issue of VOGUE magazine
Hi dolls! Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday and recharging for the new week ahead!
One of my favorite palettes is the Too Faced Natural Eyes palette. This is one of my go-to palettes that I use on myself as well as clients who prefer a “natural” look. It has a great variety of matte and shimmer shadows that can help you achieve the “romantic natural” look or the “smokey glamorous” look. The perfect eye shadow shades are important, but using the right brushes are key to help you achieve the looks you want. There are several brushes I use for application, but the two I always have in my personal makeup bag are the MAC 217 and 224 brushes. These babies are my “OG” faves since I started playing with makeup and I always re-purchase them from MAC. I do love the Sigma and Morphe brushes of course, but I always seem to come back to these MAC brushes. I have so much history with them as they have helped me become the artist today. After all, blending brushes are probably the most important brushes to have when practicing your craft.
Here is a little step-by-step guide to getting the natural, romantic eye look. Enjoy your Sunday lovelies!
Natural and Romantic:
- Apply “Heaven” all over the lid space with a medium sized eyeshadow brush. I usually like to neutralize the eye space with a light shadow color which will help me build up and blend darker shades easily.
- Apply “Nudie” in the lower and outer “v” area of the eye lid using a smaller eyeshadow brush, but staying closer to the lower part of the eye. This will be your transition color. Use a blending eyeshadow brush to blend the two shades together.
- Apply “Cashmere Bunny” in the crease and “v” area to create depth and dimension to your look. Use a blending brush to smooth out all shades. If you want to “deepen” the crease shade, apply the “Sexpresso” shade into the crease. Blend with a blending brush from the outer to inner part of the eye lid.
- Add a little champagne shimmer and apply “Silk Teddy” to the lower, center part of the lid.
- Too Faced Natural Eyes palette
- MAC brushes in 217 and 224